Hair plays an essential role in every individual’s life. It can transform a person’s appearance to a great extent. It can be twisted and rolled, curled and straightened, colored and can make various styles to keep up with the changing fashion trends. But one needs to take a great care to keep them healthy. To prevent falling, dandruff and breakage, they need healthy diet and better hygiene.
Poor diet, illness and deficiencies of any particular vitamin and mineral affect the qualities and troubles like dandruff, thinning, balding, premature graying etc. which tear down the hair. A few growth tips for black and long hair for men and women. How you care for your hair is essential. Luckily, hair breakage can be both prevented and treated. Diet and lifestyle are two major factors that manipulate the health of the hair. So here are the few ABCs for having excellent hair.
- Eat healthy food that helps the hair in staying strong and shiny. Your diet can also stop loss. Poor dietary intake can cause the hair to fall out. Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet to prevent breakage. Lean proteins, fruits, raw vegetables, whole grains, legumes, omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon or flaxseed oil and dairy products will keep hair at its healthiest. Drink plenty of water.
- Use more natural products like shikakai, lemon, coconut oil, vinegar etc. Rinse dry hair in lemon juice to get back the lost shine. Mix apple cider vinegar with water to get shiny and bouncy hair. Apply honey on your scalp to solve the problem of tangled and frizzy hair. Mix honey in two cups of fresh cream to create an excellent natural product for dry hair.
- Always use a natural and mild shampoo and conditioner that restrain ingredients such as keratin, rosemary, plant proteins and seaweed extract. It is important to wash your hair because shampooing removes dirt, dead skin cells, hair oils, and any hair products you may put into your hair. Use a conditioner after shampooing; it'll moisturize your hair, give it extra shield, add shine, reduce static, and makes it easier to untangle.
- Change your beauty treatment around your hair. Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle wet hair instead of brushing it. At all times use brushes or combs with widely spaced bristles or teeth and smooth tips. Sharp tooth combs can damage your hair, cause split ends, and rub your scalp. Hair is most brittle when it is wet so avoid brushing or combing when it's wet, or else it will cause breakage. Wait until they are entirely dry before brushing it. Reduce the use of chemicals, particularly gels, perms, dyes, or bleaches.
- Dry your hair with minimal heat. This care tip is one that everyone should follow because extreme heat will damage most hair. Lessen the frequency or intensity of heat used from blow-dryers, flat irons, and curling irons. Hot air can be injurious to your hair so when using a dryer use the cool setting.
- In a day brush your hair for 3-4 times on a regular basis in order to stimulate your scalp. The stimulation of your scalp is what promotes the natural oils in it to allocate equally and also removes dead scalp tissue. These tips are particularly important to people who suffer from extreme dandruff, regular brushing will help keep dandruff under control. Just remember to do it with a quality hairbrush, specifically one with natural bristles.
- Get your hair trimmed off every month. Every 30 days, cut about a 1/8 of the ends of your hair off in order to promote its growth and shed dead ends. You will see that this even helps ease your ability to style your hair.